A Good Year

I took a little time today (yesterday actually) to go down to the city by train and monorail.....alone
I just thought that the time on the train alone is the perfect time for me to ponder and start planning the road ahead me. I guess it was a fruitful day after all.

I can barely remember when was the last time I ever step foot in Sg. Wang, but this mall look a lil' bit odd during weekdays cu
z it's so empty and I dare not go in to any shop because those shopkeepers aka 'young girls' look like they are all gonna eat me alive if I dun walk out their shop with something.

I just walked around the mall for about 45mins to an hour time and I left to take the next monorail back. before I reach the sta
tion, I was stopped by this youngster who approach me like a promoter or whatsoever. Just like any other normal people, I instinctively wave to get rid of it. but he followed..as usual. He claimed that he wasn't selling anything just an information so I stopped. I can't really recall what he said, it's something like a voucher or coupon. I just tear it open and when it shows a 'Thank You' I just have to sign for him to show that he is working. otherwise I would win some prize. blah, something like that la. So I agreed, got nothing to loose anyway and can help him to get his job done so why not?

and when I tear it off, it wasn't a 'Thank You' in other words, I won something (kononnya la). He was like so excited and asked
me to call his boss to verify. and then he took out newspaper cutout to show me that their company had been publishing ads every month to give out prizes. HAAHAHA the minute I saw I won the prize, I'd been laughing because it look so fake. His acting also damn lousy. I refused to call his supervisor and gave him back the ticket. He was like...u won something u also dun wan ar? LOL I just said I'm rushing home because it's gonna rain...which is true because I din bring umbrella! He knew I was in doubt, and he tried to talk me into making the call by saying I can only show you the newspaper as proof. I just smile and said I'm not interested but inside my heart I was like "yea, I can also show you ALOT OF newspaper cutout on how those innocent young and old ladies got conned"

Moral of the story is: Prizes like cars don't just drop from the sky so don't believe it! walked away even if you won (or they said so)
. Trust me, you'd rather lost something you thought you have than to really lost something you have.

Oh, one thing I hate about going downtown is, th
e frigging monorail station is outside KL Central. I have to walk under the insanely hot sun to reach the monorail. and I haven been taking public transport for AGES~~~ hence I can only go around based on my memory. I almost shock to death when I came out of KL Central building. because the usual carpark infront of it is under construction, I used to walk through the carpark to reach the station, suddenly I duno where to go =.= and I had to frigging walk around the construction area to reach the opposite.
It was a good experience anyhow. and I have this good feeling about life suddenly thanx to this trip. I've gained something that I do not know how to put it in words to tell you but I saw sunshine after rain. :)



"You've arrived at a moment in your life of marvelous freedom. No deadlines, no appointments no responsibilities....this is a turning point, an ideal time for you to take a break, look at what fate and Uncle Henry have dumped in your lap and decide what you want to do...." -Charlie, A Good Year

6 comments:

ychu said...

HAHAHA...!! remember the extra mattress I got the last day of our last sem's final exam? My friend got it from the "company" of the fella who tried to con u!! hahaha!!!!

u should have followed the fella and see how he act and all. Really a very good learning experience lo!!! hahaha... but DO NOT get conned lar!!! They have ppl with better acting skills and who really psycho u in the office!

btw, y did u go to kl alone?

CRZ said...

LOL EH I EXPERIENCED B4 TOO!!...this wan is in front of my house...dingdong...ask me to scratch something...so i just entertained him and scratch la...

voila I won a LCD tv...u know 2 years back LCD very IN wan..

Then hor..he was super excited he call his neighbouring 'colleagues' who were also 'pretending' to dingdong other ppl's house. So he was saying "EH EH...HE WON THE TV LEH! COME COME"...i was smiling away knowing how fake it is...lol then the same thing la..i said nvm..and they said you win oso dowan ar?...etc etc..

Actually it's dem funny u know..they think we really that stupid. THAT stupid u know. HHAHAH.

CRZ said...

Totally mou yuk ngo ge zi wai...feel so insulted that's y i laf..lol

penny said...

HAAAHAHAH yea la exactly! some more he said all the small prizes already taken, left all the big prizes only..the most lau yah wan is Bali trip that worth RM4000 =.= if I dun wana go can change cash some more...where got such thing wan u tell me?

yea..he thought I look like those young innocent mui mui zai that can be conned easily....he thought I was 18 wtf

CRZ said...

either that or he thought u're the 40 sumting auntie passing by...HAHAHAH

Cassie said...

hahahaha

ok not funny.i think i would have fall for it :( but now i know better :)

p.s. i miss you!